“Know your rights,” student guide..
Financial Literacy Academic Content Standards
ACTE Legislative alerts
Things you can do when your program is threatened.
Join us on FacebookSearch for Ohio FCS
Elluminate Web Sessions
Some Experts Argue Family And Consumer Sciences Should Be Mandatory
Executive Summary: Dietary Guidelines.pdf
NASAFACS Curriculum Guidelines
Study: Students Need More Paths To Career Success - CBS News
Welcome to the Ohio Association for Teachers of Family and Consumer Sciences (OATFACS) web site. We are an organization dedicated to promoting Family and Consumer Science (FCS) within Ohio and its schools to improve the lives of our students, their families and our communities.
One purpose of OATFACS is to collaborate with Ohio Department of Education (ODE) to provide professional development opportunities for our members and all FCS teachers.
Thank you for visiting our site! Please visit us again.
SAVE THE DATE:
2013 Summer OATFACS Conference
Step Ahead: Powering Up FCS and Workforce Education
August 5-7, 2013
It’s time to register for the only Summer Conference designed with you, the Family and Consumer Sciences educator in mind. Sessions have been scheduled to meet the needs of Culinary, Early Childhood Education, Hospitality and Lodging, Teaching Professions and Comprehensive FCS teachers!
Please see our flier for information.
For registration information please click here!
You may ask for rooms at:
Hilton Columbus at Easton, 3900 Chagrin Drive, Columbus, Ohio, 1-614-414-5000
(When reserving rooms at the Hilton, please ask for rooms in the FAC block.)
|Wanted: Pictures of your students, your classroom, and your activities. These pictures will be used for a presentation at the conference. Please email your best pictures to: email@example.com
OATFACS and Me!
…………..a perfect summer professional development fit!
Make sure your calendar is marked, your purchase order is created and you are on board to spend August 5th and 6th with your fellow FCS and Workforce teachers for the only professional development planned with you in mind!
Some of our Featured presenters will include:
- Dr. Ruth Dohner, Teaching to the Language Arts Common Core in Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Everfi, online personal finance learning to support your classroom.
- Deb McDonald, Breaking Down the Classroom Walls, using Internet resources to improve and individualize Early Childhood Education.
- Kim Root, Farm to Table in Your Classroom
- Jeremy Dunn, Financial Literacy Removing Obstacles
- Heather Roberts, How Current Business Trends are Affecting Careers
- Ohio AG’s Office, Know Your Rights, A Consumer Law Guide for Teachers
- Carol Miller, Give Your Students An Advantage in the Food Industry
- Tami Baumberger, Be a STAR in the FCS Classroom
Post Conference on August 7 will provide opportunities to be trained in depth in…
- ServSafe - become Level One Certified to give your students the edge in work environments.
- FCCLA - in depth training. New to FCCLA or returning to FCCLA this is the workshop for you.
- CDA certification for Early Childhood Education
- Pro Start New Teacher Training
- GRADS Parents with Prospect Curriculum Training
- Teaching Professions New Teacher Training
This is the most extensive professional development offered for every FCS and workforce teacher. Check the OATFACS web site for updates and posting of schedule after June 15. Plan to attend to make 2013-2014 your best year ever!